We book workshops and speaker series at various times throughout the year; the scheduling is generally determined by topic and/or availability of a speaker.
If you believe that you have a presentation that would be of interest to Barrie Chamber members, please feel free to submit a proposal to email@example.com. Your proposal should include the following:
- Format (interactive workshop, PowerPoint presentation, etc.)
- Anticipated length of presentation
- Brief summary of presentation
- Draw for attendees (what they will learn, what would encourage people to sign up, etc.)
- Description of interactivity (particularly important for workshops)
- Brief bio of speaker
- Presentation requirements (projector, microphone, etc.)
- Speaker fee (if any)
- References from other Chambers or groups that have received the presentation (if available)
- Contact details for booking (phone, email, etc.)
All proposals will be reviewed, and we will follow up with any speaker(s) that we wish to book.
A BA5 is held on the 3rd Wednesday of every month as a venue for our members to network with the local business community & their fellow members. The events are hosted at a different member's place of business each month. Our BA5's are always free to members and their guests, and are always fun. Complimentary Hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar are available at each BA5.
Hosting a BA5 is an excellent way to get noticed amongst the membership. You'll have an opportunity to showcase your business to your fellow members. Average attendance varies between 100 and 150 members. If you're interested in hosting a BA5, contact the Ann Chamaillard of the Chamber office at 705.721.5000 x 221.
A Suitable BA5 location meets all of the following requirements:
- can accommodate up to 250 people for a large event
- has sufficient parking for attendees
- can have a bar (Chamber will obtain license and run bar)
- has adequate washroom facilities
- has coat racks/cloakroom (very important during cooler seasons)
Responsibilities of the host: (at the expense of the host)
- arrange for a suitable location from 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., with premises ready by 3:45 p.m. on day of event
- provide company logo and any event related details (music, entertainment, etc.) to the Chamber office at least 8 weeks prior to the event - email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- provide any changes in contact information or venue to the Chamber office as soon as they become available to ensure that the event can/will still be suitable for a BA5
- provide hors d'ouevres/refreshments for attendees
- provide three Chamber Bucks draw prizes (one valued at $100, and 2 valued at $20 each)
- provide 3 large tables (minimum 6' long, with table cloths & skirting) and 3 chairs to be used by the Chamber for attendee registration and for the bar (please do not set up tables and chairs for the BA5 attendees; we have found that having some seating really hinders networking)
- clean-up after event
- Confirmation is subject to site inspection by BA5 committee. Members are permitted to host a maximum of one BA5 in any 24 month period. Members may co-host a BA5 event with another member to gain exposure and share costs.
Responsibilites of Chamber office:
- advertise event in Chamber Connection newsletter and/or eNewsletter
- advertise event by email/fax to members
- provide online registration on Chamber website (www.barriechamber.com)
- procure license and run bar for any unlicensed venues (if your establishment is licensed, please be sure to indicate this on the form that you sign and fax back to the Chamber office)