Business Development Executive Job Description
The Business Development Executive (BDE) works with the CEO and others in the Chamber to develop and implement annual financial growth. To achieve this end the BDE is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling and other means of generating interest from new business clients. Each BDE is to develop and create persuasive presentations to emphasize and convince a potential new member of the value proposition the Barrie Chamber of Commerce offers to their business.
The Business Development Executive is primarily responsible for generating new member annual membership sales. As directed by the CEO, the BDE will be also expected to participate in soliciting new sales of advertisements for Chamber initiatives. From time to time the BDE can be directed by the CEO to pursue sponsorship of event opportunities. The BDE is the primary contact for the Chamber with any new member for a minimum period of 1 year. The BDE is responsible for direct contact with the assigned business client approximately one month prior to membership renewal. This is part of a larger strategy to encourage re-engagement with the Barrie Chamber of Commerce
Role and Responsibilities
The Business Development team member works to improve the Barrie Chamber of Commerce’s market position and achieve steady and sustainable financial growth.
This person helps define:
- Long-term strategic goals.
- Builds key customer relationships.
- Proactively identifies business opportunities.
- On behalf of the BCC negotiates and closes business deals.
- Maintains and grows the BCC database with growth opportunities.
- Presents the Barrie Chamber of Commerce in the best possible light.
The BDE is required to work and communicate directly with Chamber staff on a daily basis. It is their job to work with the internal team to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue through different Chamber offerings. BDE’s will manage, predict and communicate their clients’ future needs.
Annually, with the BDE, the Chamber will develop and set sales targets. These targets will be primarily focused on new membership revenue, advertising revenue and sponsorship opportunities. Annually, the CEO, in concert with the BDE will plan a strategy for advertising and sponsorship opportunities. Through this strategy, the BDE team and the CEO to annually forecast revenue targets for the upcoming year.
New Business Development
- Strategize and prospect for potential new members and turn this into increased business for the BCC.
- Share the Chamber’s value proposition for their business.
- Offer new members the opportunity for Chamber sponsorship & advertising & advertising opportunities
- Cold calling as appropriate within our marketplace to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Identify potential members and decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build and maintain relationships with new members.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Handling objections by clarifying our offering and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Present a strong image of the Chamber with every interaction in our community
- At the direction of the CEO, a member of the BDE team may be required to attend a Chamber event.
- Each BDE will be required to submit progress reports on a weekly basis.
- The BDE will be required to submit accurate daily updates of new member opportunities and progress through the “Opportunity“list developed through Google Sheets software held in the "Cloud”.
- The BDE is to ensure that data is accurately entered and managed throughout the Chamber data systems.
- Verbal reporting and communication is paramount on a daily basis.
2-4 years of business development experience is a requirement. A bachelor’s degree or an applicable applied college diploma is requested.
Remuneration for this position is 100% of a very fair commission structure. Commission is payable for a balance approach for primarily selling new memberships, and advertising in our website and chamber magazines and directories, and sponsorship of a variety of Chamber events. Commission is paid to the Business Development Executive every two weeks, based on payments received by the Barrie Chamber of Commerce.
For more details, or to apply for the position, please contact the office at 705-721-5000, or contact Rod Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.